Positions Available at Butcher Baker…
Located in beautiful Bangalow, only 15 minutes from Byron Bay, we are a owner operated, family business and due to growth we currently have some exciting opportunities to join our team.
Positions currently available
- CHEF – Full Time
- BARISTA – Full Time
- PASTRY CHEF and/or BAKER – Full Time
- WAITSTAFF (table service) – Casual
Please read below for details on each position.
If you suit the criteria listed below than please email your resume and a bit about yourself to [email protected]
Please state CLEARLY which position you are applying for.
*only those successful for an interview will be contacted.
CHEF – Full Time Salary
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Chef to join our Kitchen team full time! This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for stability and commitment within their career. Due to been Full Time you will need to have permanent work availability.
**Shifts are predominately days as we open for breakfast and lunch 7 days and open for afternoon tapas on Friday and Saturdays and the occasional function.
The successful candidate must have:
- 3 years previous experience working in a similar role
- strong prep and knife skills with an attention to detail and speed
- Good knowledge and understanding of food safety and hygiene practices
- passionate about food with a can do attitude
- works well in a fast paced environment
- can take direction and works well within a team
BARISTA – Full Time Salary
We are seeking an experienced Barista to join our team full time! This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for stability and commitment within their career. Due to been Full Time you will need to have permanent work availability.
The successful candidate must have:
- 3 years experience working with specialty coffee – Our coffee is sourced from a local independent specialty roaster and we currently run one blend & one single origin (for filter) with regilar guest filters
- Good knowledge and understanding of coffee processing (from bean to cup)
- Experience and ability to be consistent with higher volumes of coffee and work fast and work well under pressure
- Latte art skills and a willingness to learn and take your coffee to the next level
- Current NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA)
Highly appealing but not essential:
- Experience working with a La Marzocco Linear PB machine, Mahlkong K30 & EK43 grinders & puk press. We also use Mocca Master for batch filter coffee
- Experience with dosage, weighing & timing shots
And last of all we are searching for someone that LOVES what they do! You will need to have a friendly and enthusiastic personality and can do attitude, good customer service and love what hospitality is all about!!
PASTRY CHEF / BAKER – Full Time
This role is in charge of producing daily pastries, cakes, gourmet doughnuts and sandwiches for our display counters and also our house made pies, sausage rolls, brioche and sourdough. Plus other prep and kitchen duties as required.
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Trade qualification an advantage
- passionate about their trade
- strong proven cake and pastry background with the ability to multitask
- experience working in a fast paced environment
- self motivator that can work well alone and communicate with the team
- good communication
- reliable and trustworthy
- used to working nights/early morning starts
WAITSTAFF (table service) – Casual
Do you love hospitality but don’t like working nights?
Do you have a outgoing friendly personality?
And thrive working in a faced paced team?
We are seeking waitstaff with previous table service experience to join our team.
The successful applicant must have:
- a minimum 2 years experience in a hospitality customer service role with table service the main focus of this role
- experience working in a fast paced environment and able to multi task
- a friendly outgoing, can do personality
- work well within a team and be able to take direction
- strong work ethic
- current NSW RSA is essential